January 2011
« Dec   Feb »

Contact us

Rexel to acquire 74% stake in Yantra Automation

Rexel SA, a France-based distributor of electrical parts and supplies, is planning to acquire a 74% stake in Yantra Automation Pvt., Ltd., an India-based distributor of industrial automation and control products. Under the terms of the transaction, Rexel will acquire the remaining 26% stake in Yantra Automation through put and call options in 2014 at a price to be determined on the basis of the Yantra Automation performance in 2012 and 2013. Brunswick Group LLP is acting as PR advisor to Rexel for the transaction. […]

Mahindra buys minority stake in East India Company

Mahindra Group has acquired a minority stake in the East India Company, the global luxury brand owned by Indian-origin entrepreneur Sanjiv Mehta who relaunched the company here in August 2010. Established in 1600, the East India Company (EIC) is one of the most recognised brands in the world. It once employed a third of the British workforce and was responsible for 50 per cent of global trade. Anand Mahindra, managing director of the Mahindra Group, said: “The East India Company was the world's first truly global brand spanning continents and centuries, and had a profound impact on the development of international trade. This immense vision and scope finds a parallel with Mahindra's own global aspirations to think beyond its size.” The company, however, did not divulge the value of the deal or other details. Mehta, 49, launched the EIC's first 21st century trade 'expansion' in the form of Fine Foods in Mayfair. He acquired the company in 2005 and has since invested $15 million. […]

Baring may invest 350cr in Bangalore realty co

Baring Private Equity Partners India (BPEP), along with some of its international investors, is likely to invest about $75 million, or approximately Rs 350 crore, in the Bangalore-based Century Real Estate. Baring's individual commitment to the deal is around $53 million, while overseas investors who are backing the fund may bring in a little over $20 million in additional investment. Industry sources say that Baring has initiated the diligence process. As the realty firm is still working out the commercial terms, sources say the deal could be closed in February. When contacted, Century Real Estate managing director Ravindra Pai did not confirm or deny the development. The Baring-led investors may pick up around 26% stake in the holding company, which is one of the largest land aggregators with an estimated 3,000 acres of land bank in south India. The investment may be deployed as seed capital to develop multiple townships around Bangalore. E&Y and KPMG are assisting with the due diligence. […]